[gcompris-devel] text messages sugesstions

Marius Andreiana mandreiana at rdsnet.ro
Sun Feb 9 04:06:03 UTC 2003

I have suggestions for some gcompris messages. English is not my native
language, so I might be wrong, but here they go:

#: boards/algebra_guesscount.xml.in.h:4
msgid "The four arithmetic operations. Combine several arithmetic
operations"
-> "Combine the four arithmetic operations" ( simpler and clearer )

#: boards/algebra_guesscount.xml.in.h:6
msgid ""
"With displayed numbers and operations, find the right combination to
get the "
"right result"
operations -> operators
right result -> required result ( avoids repeating 'right' )

#: boards/paratrooper.xml.in.h:2
msgid ""
"In this game, the children will try to make Tux the paratrooper lands
safely "
"on the fishing boat. He/She needs to take care of the wind side and
speed."

the plural is used in the first sentence and singular in the 2nd. Use
'they need to...'
in the 2nd sencente or 'the child will...' in the first.

#: boards/readingh.xml.in.h:3
msgid "Read a list of word and tell if the given word is in it"
-> Read a horizontal list of words and...

#: boards/readingv.xml.in.h:2
msgid "Read a vertical list of word and tell if the given word is in it"
word -> words

--
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions
www.galuna.ro