[gcompris-devel] I'm working on romanian (ro) translation

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Wed Feb 5 09:47:07 UTC 2003

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> Great, it will be the 20th supported language.
>
> Gcompris has something special that it needs more in order to complete
> the translation. Especially, check the file boards/wordsgame/README,
> it explains how to add words to gcompris for the falling words and
> reading activity.
>
> Also, more complex but very usefull is adding voices in boards/sounds.
>
> BTW, do you know if GNU/Linux and/or gcompris is used in romania
> schools?
>
> Bruno.
>

> Le mer 05/02/2003 à 15:21, Marius Andreiana a écrit :
>
>>Hi
>>
>>I'm working on romanian translation of gcompris. I'm announcing this in
>>case anybody else wants to start - don't, I'm already on it.

Please be also careful of the way the missing letter board works : when
you translate a word, put first the entire word, a /, the word with a
letter (any one) replaced by a _, a /, the missing letter (must be FIRST
!), a /, a second letter (if possible close in appearance to the missing
letter), a /, then a third letter.
Example :
plane/_lane/p/g/d