[gcompris-devel] sound

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Tue Feb 4 09:09:05 UTC 2003

I have 2 kinds of problems :
1. /dev/dsp busy : I think this is because I use too much other audio
devices (xawtv, xmms), which don't release dsp quicly enough;
2. I use KDE, and sometimes I can't hear wav sounds (it seems that some
are too short, and are dropped).

This seems to work under gnome, but who still uses gnome (except some
Sun afficionados) ?

A work around may be to convert all wav files to ogg ones, and use our
own API. What do you think of this ?