[gcompris-devel] please help, data filename for new board

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Dec 21 02:58:23 UTC 2003

Le dim 21/12/2003 à 07:46, Richard Boyce a écrit :
> So, I played with the boards and decided to try and implement one. Using
> the "developers guide" I followed the instructions 1-4 for copying an
> existing game and making a new one. For instruction 5 - can you tell me
> where in boards/menu.xml to add the "entry point for the new game:
> <Data filename="clockgame.xml"/> " ?

This step is no more necessary. Now gcompris will read all the boards
menu.xml file and put them in the proper section in the menu.
I updated the documentation, it should be reflected online tomorow.

> Also, where to I make from, ../gcompris-4.2/ or lower in the tree?

Yes, you must run make from gcompris-4.2/

BTW, do you use python or C for your board (python is to be prefered).
Feel free to share with us what your board is about. Maybe you will find
support from the list.