[gcompris-devel] installation of 4.2 issues- please help.

Rami rami.aubourg at ifrance.com
Fri Dec 19 03:35:00 UTC 2003

Hello,

On SuSE 8.2, gcompris 4.2 builds fine, after the install of a few dozen
devel libraries  except for the Python plugin, which I haven't been able
to make work.
Else, the rpm for gcompris 3.2 works on SuSE 8.2, but you have to make a
soft link for libssl and libcrypto, and an rpm --nodeps. See bugzilla page.
Actually, I've been trying to build a binary of 4.2 for SuSE, but
haven't succeeded yet. If you're experienced with building rpms for
SuSE, maybe we could work together on that. Or alternatively making the
python plugin work.

Rami