[gcompris-devel] First windows port trial

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Thu Dec 18 23:25:03 UTC 2003

Bruno Coudoin schrieb:
> http://web.sfc.keio.ac.jp/~s01397ms/cygwin/index.html.en

A japanese mirror is a strange choice to access from France, isn't it?

> When you say MSVCRT, it means you need Microsoft Visual C to compile?

No, you only need a mingw target development environment [MinGW uses the
Visual C runtime (shipped with Win95b+) and provides include headers and
an import library (similar to .so on linux)]

> Sounds interessting, cross compiling, no need for windows at all. Great.
> I will have a look at that, BTW, we have the same depandecies

I do it this way all the time, look for the mingw packages on debian.
Actually I create my Windows binaries from my iBook (linux/powerpc).

> OK, if these project can make it run, gcompris should run as well. No
> reason.
>
> Just some more work to be done.

I strongly believe that either compiling gnome-canvas is a matter of
configure/make (this would explain the absense of communication about
this topic) or that somebody else already did it (mono should be a good
candidate)

    Christof