[gcompris-devel] APPLAUSES

Olivier Samyn ( originally from gcompris-devel@lists.sourceforge.net) osamyn at ulb.ac.be
Mon Dec 8 01:16:02 UTC 2003

I just noticed a link on the linuxfr.org site concerning a tutorial to python programming:
http://www.ulg.ac.be/cifen/inforef/swi/python.htm

This is a book that will be published by O'Reilly... and in french (as I see your email is at free.fr I sppose french is your mother language)

As this book doesn not cover the gnomecanvas and other gtk ui programming libraries, it seems to be a good introduction to the python world.

For the rest, just take a look at the existing gcompris python code, the libgnomecanvas documentation and the gtk tutorial
Python version of the gtk tutorial:
http://www.moeraki.com/pygtktutorial/pygtk2tutorial/index.html

and if I remember me good, the gnome libraries docs comes with the gnome-python package

Good luck with all of this :)

Olivier Samyn