[gcompris-devel] gnomecanvas refresh bug is finally fixed

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Aug 18 06:42:04 UTC 2003

I just checked out the lastest libgnomecanvas from the gnome CVS and we
can see this Changelog bellow in it.

I tested it and it works !!!

No more need for the ugly update_refresh all around. In fact, I just
checked to remove the one in menu.c and it worked.

We will be able to remove them all when they will make a new release and
we will be sure it's widely available.

Bruno.

Fri Aug 01 11:49:34 2003  George Lebl <jirka at 5z.com>

        * libgnomecanvas/gnome-canvas.c: Inside the do_update function
it is
          possible that during picking we emitted an event in which the
user
          then called some function which then requested update of
something.
          We thus need to check again if we need to update stuff as
without
          that we'd be left in a state where need_update would have been
left
          TRUE and the canvas would have been left unpainted until
another
          expose event.