[gcompris-devel] Question in submarine

Hilaire Fernandes hilaire at ext.cri74.org
Mon Aug 18 01:44:02 UTC 2003

On 18 Aug 2003 00:11:15 +0200
Bruno Coudoin <bruno.coudoin at free.fr> wrote:

      Thanks for the clarification. I will change the tank to display a water
      level intead of a number. It will be I hope more visual for the kids.

      For the gnome API, I am sorry for it. I agree with you that it lacks
      documentation and we suffer bugs.  You entered into another complexity
      using the afine to rotate the submarine and I feel your pain.

What about defining even a higher level API specific to GCompris however
the GnomeCanvas. You can have a lot of easier function to be use than
the GnomeCanvas plus you will add an abstract layer between GCompris and
the GnomeAPI, which will be less sensitive to API change in Gnome.

Hilaire