[gcompris-devel] python crash

Olivier Samyn osamyn at ulb.ac.be
Fri Apr 25 09:02:20 UTC 2003

> If you ask the kids out there, they will vote for the board but its up
> to you ;)

LOL

> > I think about a process that:
> > - Load all boards into a hash table (containing: board filename |
> > associated plugin, and other datas like icon)
> This already exist but its not a hash but GcomprisBoard already include
> a field for its associated plugin. It is filled in the
> xxx_is_our_board() method when the board detect the plugin is for it.

I'll of course re-use some code... and the GcomprisBoard structure is
part of this re-use... (I don't want to re-implement the python binding
for this one :) )

Also, I just thinked about modifying the is_our_board functions by
removing the plugin assignation into the gcomprisboard variable... This
assignatyion is not necessary at detection time... but will be usefull
at playing time... So it will be moved to the gcompris play board
function

> > - For each available plugin test:
> >   - for each boards that doesn't have a plugin associated, test if there
> > is an available plugin and associate it in the hash table.
> > Also, each board that doesn't have an associated plugin is removed from
> > the list.
> >
> To do this, you just need to use the code of board_play(gcomprisboard)
> and do the same without the start_board.

Nice... I began this morning to look at the code... and this will help
me...

> > This rewrite will change a little bit the plugin api...
> > But I think it' necessary for gcompris evolution no ?
> >
> I have no problem changing anything in gcompris as long as we keep
> improving it ;)
> And that's the case...
>
> > Also, during this rewrite, I'll try to use the glib module functions
> > instead of the dlopen one... I think it's more portables and always
> > available when gnome is there... This will avoid some #ifdef for HP_UX
> > for example no ? What about this ?

I just integrated it and commited (without testing, hope it works
/compile)

--
Olivier Samyn <osamyn at ulb.ac.be>