[gcompris-devel] confirmation of bug in freeduc CD

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Apr 10 05:20:12 UTC 2003

Le jeu 10/04/2003 à 13:02, Hilaire Fernandes a écrit :
> On Thu, 10 Apr 2003 07:53:25 +0200
> jose.jorge at cpam-auch.cnamts.fr wrote:
>
>       I confirm that when the CD boots in french, you launch gcompris,
>       settings, try another language, validate, it stills in french
>

> Does it mean GCompris need special set up to be able to switch to
> another language?

When you select another locale in gcompris, gcompris call the setlocale
(man setlocale) to change the locale. if it fails, it display a red
cross beside the flag which mean 'I can't set this locale'.
On mandrake, to have a locale available to gcompris, you need to have
the proper locale installed for example on my box :
rpm -qa | grep locale
locales-fr-2.3.1.4-6mdk
locales-2.3.1.4-6mdk
locales-en-2.3.1.4-6mdk

Which mean I have only english and french. To add dutch, I must do
urpmi locales-nl

That's it. On debian, I don't know.

What I see is that locales-fr populates the directory under:
/usr/share/locale/fr

Bruno.

ofset        - http://ofset.sf.net
gcompris  - http://ofset.sf.net/gcompris