[gcompris-devel] Re: Submarine status

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Thu Apr 3 11:51:04 UTC 2003

bruno wrote:
> OK, it's commited.
>
> My problem is that I still don't understand simply how it works, so I
> can't teach my kids.
>
> Please, explain us what is water, what is air in the diagram.

You can make a static or a dynamic diving/surfacing :

- dynamic : speed > 0, use the 2 depth rudders, in opposite or same
direction;
- static : speed = 0; fine tune the depth with the small central
ballast. The value is the amount of water you have in. Use also the 2
big tanks : if you open the valve connected to the white inner air tank
(this is their real color on board of a sub), you'll push out the water
in the tanks. To let the water in, use the upper valves.

Pascal