[gcompris-devel] Re: [update] Maze-plugin

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Tue Sep 24 01:44:05 UTC 2002

Bruno Coudoin wrote:
> have you been able to go further on the 3D maze.
>
> Can we expect to release that to the world soon ;)

Oops. I've been recognized. ;-)

To be honest I'd been dragged away by porting applications to gtk2.

And after I did some research to make the eye position variable (or more
explicitely named in the formulas (you know, a -1 there, a +1 there ...
after some time nobody knows what it stood for)) the formulas no longer
pass the regression test. So I have to go bug hunting (you might also
call it sign or bracket hunting).
I'll dig into it again, promised.

And also there's still a design bug: Some really complicated wall
arrangements still overlap in a wrong way (because (front to back then)
right to left is not correct in all cases, you need to draw them center
to outside, which splits the for loop). <sad>And the code had been so
small and beautiful with only one for loop.</sad>

A task for tonight.
    Christof