[gcompris-devel] Gletters bug: non portable pointer conversion

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Mon Oct 14 00:43:01 UTC 2002

Hello Bruno,

since I was rather frustrated that gletters did not recognize any typed
letter on my iBook, I dived into the code and found an endianness bug.

You store the character in an integer, take a pointer to it and cast it
to a char pointer. On any architecture except intel this would select
the wrong byte (this highmost byte which has to be 0).

Please apply the following patch to make gcompris more portable.

Yours
    Christof