[gcompris-devel] Re: chess

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sun Oct 13 15:03:03 UTC 2002

Pascal,

I just fixed the chess activity by adding a new dialog box in the
gcompris API :
/*
 * Display a dialog box and an OK button
 * When the box is closed, the given callback is called if any
 */
void gcompris_dialog(gchar *str, DialogBoxCallBack dbcb)

Now when entering chess is /usr/bin/gnuchessx is not there, a dialog box
appears and gives some explanation but you cannot play chess.

For gnuchess vs gnuchessx, I checked on my mandreke 9 and gnuchessx is
no more distributed in the 3 DL CDs.
gnuchess is a different executable than gnuchessx and cannot be used to
my knowledge as a replacement. I don't know what happened to gnuchessx
and what is its future.

For the ogg, I have not checked, perhaps it is a race condition that
makes it happen.  /dev/dsp can be open once only so if the ogg code were
not closing cleanly, it would work only once.

Bruno.