[gcompris-devel] Problem compiling from CVS

Robinson Maureira Castillo r_maureira at inacap.cl
Tue Oct 8 17:30:04 UTC 2002

Hi all, after a LOT of time offline I came back, I downloaded GCompris
from CVS, but when I try to do `sh autogen.sh` it gives me some nice
messages (attached at the end of the email), it is the correct way to
compile it? I haven't read the docs and this is the first time I try to
compile something from the GNOME tree 8)

I guess I've to step away from the kernel for a while...

BTW, the update for es.po will be checked-in in a day or two.

Best regards.
Robinson.

[root at ws01 gcompris]# sh autogen.sh
/usr/local/bin/gnome-autogen.sh
**Warning**: I am going to run `configure' with no arguments.
If you wish to pass any to it, please specify them on the
`autogen.sh' command line.

processing .
deletefiles is
Running intltoolize...
no need for patching file 'Makefile.in.in'
Running libtoolize...
You should update your `aclocal.m4' by running aclocal.
Running aclocal-1.4 -I /usr/local/share/aclocal/gnome-macros  ...
Running autoheader...
WARNING: Using auxiliary files such as `acconfig.h', `config.h.bot'
WARNING: and `config.h.top', to define templates for `config.h.in'
WARNING: is deprecated and discouraged.

WARNING: Using the third argument of `AC_DEFINE' and
WARNING: `AC_DEFINE_UNQUOTED' allows to define a template without
WARNING: `acconfig.h':

WARNING:   AC_DEFINE([NEED_MAIN], 1,
WARNING:             [Define if a function `main' is needed.])

WARNING: More sophisticated templates can also be produced, see the
WARNING: documentation.
autoheader: `config.h.in' is unchanged
Running automake-1.4 --gnu  ...
src/gcompris/Makefile.am:40: variable `AO_LIBS' not defined
src/gcompris/Makefile.am:58: variable `AO_LIBS' not defined
**Error**: automake-1.4 failed.