[gcompris-devel] Re: Maze plugin enhancements (and cleanup)

Christof Petig christof at petig-baender.de
Wed Nov 6 00:01:05 UTC 2002

Hi Bastiaan, Hi Bruno,

now the 3D part is ready. It took me some time to realize that gmaze's
coordinate system is left handed and I chose right handed labyrinth
coordinates for better compatibility with vector analysis. This gave
really strange results.

Possible future enhancements:
- add some buttons to the 3D interface to switch back to 2D and to move
the eye position. [Graphical ideas: A maze, giant, dwarf, binoculars,
magnifier for 2d, up, down, back, nearer] I don't have a real good idea
for right/left movement (besides plain arrows). Take a look at the
result (s and d key) and imagine.

- replace the green wall (exit) with a scaled image of the door

How to use it?

- click on the penguin to make it faster/slower
- click on the exit to switch to 3D (or press 3)

- cursor keys: turn left, right, one step forward/back
- S D X E Y/Z R: move the eye position
- 2: switch back to 2D

East (where the exit is) walls are white, west walls are dark grey. The
exit is a green wall (you can walk through it). That's all, try it.

I really enjoy this game: memorize your way in the 2D view and try to
find it in 3D.

Yours
     Christof