[gcompris-devel] 1.0.2 under NetBSD

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Thu Mar 28 18:53:08 UTC 2002

I am trying to build and install gcompris-1.0.2 under NetBSD.

I am building a NetBSD package for it.

To build I had to patch src/gcompris/soundutil.c -- it needs:
#include <signal.h>

Then the make install uses GNU find's -printf which isn't included with
NetBSD's find. So I think that Makefile.* should be modified to not use
it, maybe like:

        if test -d boards; then \
          $(mkinstalldirs) $(DESTDIR)/$(pkgdatadir)/boards; \
          cd boards ; tar --exclude CVS --exclude .xvpics --exclude "*.in"
--create --file - * | ( cd $(DESTDIR)/$(pkgdatadir)/boards ; tar xf -) ; cd ..
; \
        fi

So anyways, after I installed and ran I received:

$ gcompris
gcompris_set_locale requested en got (null)
Can't resolve host name "unix"!
Message: scan_plugins /home/reed/.gcompris/Plugins/
Message: scan_plugins /usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 12)
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra_guesscount.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 17)

... and several more ...

/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libtarget.so: Undefined PLT symbol "board_finished"
(reloc type = 7, symnum = 40)
/usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libwordsgame.so: Undefined PLT symbol
"gcompris_score_start" (reloc type = 7, symnum = 26)

** ERROR **: Cant't find the menu board or plugin execution error
aborting...
Abort trap (core dumped)

I believe this means it wasn't linked correctly. I used the NetBSD
packaging tools to build. I am also asking NetBSD package developers
about this. (I'll let you know.)

Anyways, I look forward to my kids using gcompris :)

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/