[gcompris-devel] shapeboard major changes for scales and geography

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Wed Jun 12 00:50:03 UTC 2002

I have modified shapeboard plugin to let the scale board allow any
combination in any order for the solution.
To to this, I extended the xml shape board file to include a poperty:
<ShapeGame OkIfAddedName="5">
 zoomx="1" zoomy="1" position="0"/>
Then each item must have a number as a name like
<Shape name="4" pixmapfile="scales/masse4.png" x="200" y="172"
When the user click ok, the sum of name of placed item must equals the
given OkIfAddedName value.

check boards/scales/board1_0.xml for an example

The default behavoir is still the puzzle where each piece must go to its
position.

On the same basis, we could imagine different kind of rule but I have no
idea.

This is currently in the CVS.

Now I also worked on another extension to allow the placement of the
list of shape (icons of the pieces) in any ordre, size and position.
This is mandatory for Jean-Philippe Ayanides to creates great geography
maps.
This is still under work but JP, you can count on it soon ;)