[gcompris-devel] problem compiling

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Thu Jan 3 15:15:06 UTC 2002

Le Jeudi 3 Janvier 2002 09:44, Bruno Coudoin a écrit :
> I believe you should start by relauching autoconf

> Also check that you do have gconf-config on your system based on the
> packages given by Herman.

Thank you to Herman suggestion and your message Bruno.

I figured out which package I had to install but this did not end my trouble:
many other came in afterwards, mainly because (this is what Frederic in cc.
told me) the autoconf script does (yet) not take into account the numerous
changes that comes with gnome2.

Frederic (he is a debian maintainer who helped a lot in the configuration at
the primary school La Futaie) who was with me today was kind enough to help
and succeeded in compiling gcompris 0.9.7. He told me he would also send you
the needed comments and diff files.

I shall now try and shall install gcompris at La Futaie; I'll also send you
my comments and remarks.

Thanks again,

Nicolas
--