[gcompris-devel] cvs login problems

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Sat Feb 16 05:37:01 UTC 2002

export CVSROOT=':pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.gnome.org:/cvs/gnome'
cvs login
Logging in to :pserver:anonymous at anoncvs.gnome.org:2401/cvs/gnome
CVS password:

Works for me. Maybe at the time you tried to connect, anoncvs was
saturated and could not take more connections.

Then a

cvs -z3 checkout gcompris

gave me the same result as yours :

cvs [checkout aborted]: connect to
anoncvs.gnome.org(192.58.206.110):2401 failed: Connection refused

Then another try :
 cvs -z3 checkout gcompris
cvs server: Updating gcompris
cvs checkout: move away gcompris/.cvsignore; it is in the way
C gcompris/.cvsignore
cvs checkout: move away gcompris/ABOUT-NLS; it is in the way
C gcompris/ABOUT-NLS
[....]

So, yes, it is because there are too many users !

I never get such problem when using my CVS account.