[gcompris-devel] Gcompris on the Gnome 2 platform

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Sat Dec 14 16:52:02 UTC 2002

Good news, I just commited my port of gcompris to gnome2.

It's in the cvs in the head, just get it as usual.

Anybody able to test it, I'all be glad to get feedback.

For what doesn't work yet :
- In draw, the refresh while moving anchors is slow and buggy.
  This is a bug in gnomecanvas at some point. Maybe a new version would
  fix it.
- In the help, multilines are not displayed.
  I plan to fix that by using a gtk widget that would handle multlines
  for us.

Beside the port, several bug have be fixed. One major anoying one was
the random placement in the drag and drop of items in the shape type
boards. This is now fixed.

I introduced a new cute (I hope) background image in target

In maze3D, the default display is 3D. Switch to 2D with space.

The big advantage for us is the native UTF-8 and great fonts.
This has always been an issue before.