[gcompris-devel] chess board

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Fri Aug 30 09:29:04 UTC 2002

I am currently coding a chess board in gcompris.
It uses gnuchessx as a subprocess for the engine.

The idea is to let kids learn chess with it.

For example, when you click on a piece, it will show all the move
possibility.
Also there will be level to teach how to move piece by playing party
ends (eg: the blacks have just one pawn + kind, you have just a tower +
kink. You must catch the pown with the tower)

I already have the basic chess play implemented (against gnuchessx), but
it is still bugged enought to be reluctant to commit it.

Any comments appreciated.

Bruno Coudoin
ANFORA - http://www.anfora.fr
Tel: (33)5 67 310 333