[gcompris-devel] 1.0.2 under NetBSD

Jeremy C. Reed reed at reedmedia.net
Tue Apr 2 09:51:46 UTC 2002

On 29 Mar 2002, Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> > /usr/pkg/lib/gcompris/libalgebra.so: Undefined PLT symbol
>
> This is the most hard to understand.
> Sorry, I don't know what PLT is.

This message is from the interface to the dynamic loader (I think). From
the link(5) manual page: "... procedure calls to globally defined
functions are redirected through the Procedure Linkage Table (PLT)
residing in the data segment of the core image."

Also on 29 Mar 2002, Bruno Coudoin wrote:

> le ven 29-03-2002  04:09, Jeremy C. Reed a crit :
> > On Thu, 28 Mar 2002, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
>
> gcompris is not a library.
> The plugins are loaded and linked dynamically in gcompris.
> The entry points you re looking at are defined by gcompris itself.

I still haven't figured out my problem. Any ideas on how to get the linker
to know this?

   Jeremy C. Reed
   http://www.reedmedia.net/