[gcompris-devel] Re: GCompris: some help and feedback...

Bruno Coudoin bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Mon Sep 24 11:12:04 UTC 2001

On lun, 2001-09-24 at 19:51, Herman Bruyninckx wrote:

> > > Great! I can imagine you welcome images?
> >
> > What images do you have to propose,
>
> I don't have any available right now, but I will look ouit in the
> future to make pictures that are useful for gcompris. For example,
> when going to the zoo, we could take pictures of lots of animals to be
> used in things like the memory board. It's important to have pictures
> without copyrights :-)

That's a very good idea.
Are you a teacher or just parents?

> > Also, I must be sure that you are the owner and that you agree to GPL
> > them.
> >
> That's exactly what I am proposing :-)  Maybe  GNOME has already a
> picture database?

No to my knowledge. There should be one picture database on the web for
gcompris and other if they want. It will be hosted by linuxgraphics on
http://www.linuxgraphic.org/
The gcompris album will be hosted at
http://linuxgraphic.org/ids/index.cgi
I am waiting for it for several monthes now but they do have network
problem that makes it being non functional.
I'll tell you as soon as it is open.