Mouse usability Re: [gcompris-devel] Re: GCompris

Herman Bruyninckx Herman.Bruyninckx at mech.kuleuven.ac.be
Mon Oct 29 11:38:02 UTC 2001

On Mon, 29 Oct 2001 pascal.georges1 at free.fr wrote:
[...]
> You can not use drag and drop for children less than 6 I think.

Mmmm, if seen many of them do fine. But not all, that's true.

A separate mode _could_ be interesting though, I agree with that. But on
the other hand, gcompris could be a good motivation for younger kids
to learn to handle a mouse. For the smallest hands, the mouse could be
replaced by the cursors: your suggestion of one click to `get' an
object, and then that object can be moved both by the mouse and by the
direction arrows.

Herman