[gcompris-devel] sorting boards

pgeorges pascal.georges at chello.fr
Mon Oct 15 12:09:06 UTC 2001

Hi,

I am currently working on 2 items :

1. Reading exercices. These must be sorted depending of children age (as
most of exercices); but this is not the way current layout works. It is
sorted by exerice types (using the mouse, calculation, etc ...). Is
there a plan to organize differently boards ?

I just began a board where the child click on a word corresponding to a
picture.
The next board I'll make will be to find out the missing letter.
For example b_ttle : must click the 'o' letter.

2. I tried to add some special stuff to congratulate the child (or
showing he's wrong). But this may need more drawing skills than I have.
The best would be to use sprites, but I only know QT for this purpose.
When I look at my cpumeter when paratrooper is in use, I am afraid of
current performance for image drawings.

PS : I just discovered sodipodi, which is a great vector drawing app,
giving sometimes better results than gimp.