[gcompris-devel] Re: `Divide by zero' bug...

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Mon Oct 8 12:10:03 UTC 2001

le sam 06-10-2001 at 00:12 Herman Bruyninckx a écrit :
> Bruno,
>
> I've been looking through the code of clockgame.c: on line 628 you use
>
> angle = M_PI/2 - atanf(new_y/new_x) + ((new_x<0) ? M_PI : 0.0);

I am afraid to touch this code. I had some trouble to write it and one
french guy named Yann dirson. He also does the debian packaging for
gcompris.
Anyway, I'll check new_x can't be 0

> The new_x could be zero... I think it's always better to use the atan2
> or atan2f variant.
>
> The crash error, however, still remains...

Sory for that.
On my side, I just submitted the trace of the frequent crash that occurs
in gcompris, especially when you change board.
I found that it crashes in gdk-pixbuf.
I changed to gtk-pixbuf from imlib at some point in the development. It
could be that it is also when instability came.

Bruno.

--
Bruno Coudoin
ANFORA - http://www.anfora.fr