[gcompris-devel] railroad

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Mon Nov 19 12:00:03 UTC 2001

Bruno Coudoin a écrit :

> I noticed some proble, gcompris crashes or is lock when leaving/entering
> your board again. There must be some missing cleanup or somthing.

Certainly, but I don't really understand how cleanups work with some
gtk/glib stuff.
I will try to check this out, but maybe not before next week-end.

> Also, you must take care in the moving of the train not to take too much
> CPU. Your timers for moving the train may be too short.

I fully agree. It's ok on my P533, but would like to target smaller PC.
I will try to make it better, but gdk-pixbuf doesn't seem to be well
designed for animation (at least for the methods I use).

> On the layout itself, isn't it more natural to start to place the train
> starting from the 'loco' itself, not from the left in your case.
> Perhaps, laying out the train from left to right would help.

I really thought a lot about it, and the way I found the best is
implemented. If you begin with the engine car, you'll have to put it at
the rightmost border : you can't push it rightward as you add more cars
(it would not look nice).

Pascal