[gcompris-devel] I introduce myself

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Sat Nov 17 06:43:04 UTC 2001

Le Vendredi 16 Novembre 2001 12:16, Emmanuel.Leguy a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I am Emmanuel Leguy and I have a 3 years old daughter. I am computer
> scientist: object oriented and web developper, system and network admin.
> I proposed my help to may daughter's school for installing computers and
> softwares. We don't any money for that, so I thougth about a linux
> solution. So I am seeking and testing any free/gnu educational software
> I find for children from 3 to 11 years old.

Hello Emmanuel,

I see you are in Lille. You could easily come and see what we have done in
Brussels in a primary school : install for very few money (300 kBF for 25
stations + 1 strong server + a full switched network) a computer classroom
that is now a prototype for further installation in Belgium.

I know that in Lille free software are really welcome: they will be the basis
of the new "intranet metropolitain". This could help you.

To get in touch , do not hesitate to call +32.(0)497.59.91.62 (my portable;
French is my mother language) or write.

Regards,

Nicolas

--