[gcompris-devel] I introduce myself

Emmanuel.Leguy Emmanuel.Leguy at lifl.fr
Fri Nov 16 03:17:02 UTC 2001

Hello,

I am Emmanuel Leguy and I have a 3 years old daughter. I am computer
scientist: object oriented and web developper, system and network admin.
I proposed my help to may daughter's school for installing computers and
softwares. We don't any money for that, so I thougth about a linux
solution. So I am seeking and testing any free/gnu educational software
I find for children from 3 to 11 years old.
I downloaded gcompris as an RPM package. I tried to install it under a
RedHat 7.2 (kernel 2.4) with kde and gnome installed (I use the kde
environment but gnome libs are installed). But the installation process
asks for this package:

gdk-pixbuf-gnomecanvas

So i looked for this RPM. But all I've found was an mandrake RPM (mdk)
which can't be installed on my system.

A solution? Is there an installation doc somewhere in the net?

Thanx,

Emmanuel Leguy.
--
Laboratoire d'Informatique Fondamentale de Lille (LIFL)
Universite des Sciences et Technologies de Lille
mailto:Emmanuel.Leguy at lifl.fr
http://www.lifl.fr