[gcompris-devel] Sound

Nicolas Pettiaux nicolas.pettiaux at openbe.org
Sat Nov 3 03:42:02 UTC 2001

Dear Pascal and Brunon,

Thank you all for your efforts. I apologize for not being as active on the
list as well as on the work as I wished. I am overloaded with work and I see
that my work here with you is not as important as other contribution (for
example political ones) where I am better of.

About the sound and recent discussions.

These sounds (recorded words) accompanied with pictures and the written words
EXISTS. It is NOT necessary to record them, at least for French.

It could be necessary to change the .wav format of the sounds into .ogg (or
any other format), as well as change the .gif format of the pictures into
.jpg (or any other) but this is very easy and can event be automated (I mean
writing the script that will do that is vey easy)

I have these sound + pictures + words somewhere, and I'll try to find them
and send them to you. I suppose that the file will be large. Where (on which
ftp site) can I post for your convenience it if it is too large to be mailed ?

The pictures can be used for the other langages too.

Best regards,

Nicolas

--
Nicolas Pettiaux