[gcompris-devel] cvs changes

Bruno Coudoin bcoudoin at anfora.fr
Fri Dec 28 05:11:04 UTC 2001

I just commited some changes to the cvs.
Most important is the new configuration window that is already able to
configure fullscreen and sound mode. It still needs to have locale
selection implemented. It will replace the current locale selection
system.

I also started to complete i18n of some boards. Unfortunatly, I found
that I will have to change the shape.c xml stuff to accept it, so the
job is partially done.
I did it successfully in missing_letter and it is a good example on how
to to that for other boards that don't support it yet.
Pacsal, do you want to implement it in imageid ?

With the latest sounds from my wife for en and es locale gcompris .tgz
is more then 10M bytes !!!
We have to find a way to put sounds in a separate package by locale
before next release.

I don't know about you, but I think we should make a 1.0 version.
To me we miss the about and quit confirmation window that I removed when
I implemented the fullscreen. I will do them after I complete the
configuration window unless someone want to take that task.

Also I got a nice backgound image for the clock from Renaud but I did
not implemented it yet.

There is some problem in linking the cvs version. cvs code still needs
some work to have it fixed. By now this command linked gcompris for me:
gcc  -g -O2 -Wall -Wunused   -o gcompris  pixbuf_util.o gcompris.o
properties.o gameutil.o bar.o help.o pluginenum.o board.o bonus.o
score.o config.o -rdynamic -L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -rdynamic
-lgnomeui -lgdk_imlib -ldl -lXi -lXext -lX11 -lgnome -lesd -laudiofile
-lm -lglib -L/usr/lib -L/lib -lxml2 -lz -lm  -L/usr/lib -lgdk_pixbuf
-L/usr/lib -L/usr/X11R6/lib -lgtk -lgdk -rdynamic -lgmodule -lglib -lm
-lgnomecanvaspixbuf -L/usr/lib -lgconf-1 -lglib -lm -rdynamic -lgtkhtml

That's it for this year.
I'll be out till wednesday.