[gcompris-devel] [Fwd: Request autorization for pictures use]

bruno bruno.coudoin at free.fr
Thu Dec 13 14:06:02 UTC 2001

That's excellent. I am waiting for that since version 0.1 ;)

On my side, I already tried to set a background (paintings) to some
early boards (falling concept).
It does not convince me at that time because it makes the game and the
background confusing.
In your mind Pascal, in which board do you think it would be
appropriate?

I believe that these images could be used in your quizz boards like
'find the tigger'.
We can also use them in the memory card.

Another concept I though about is to have a board dedicated to
presentation and training. My idea is to use gtkhtml widget for that.
Since gtk widget are usable 'as is' in the canvas, it is technicaly easy
to do and we will have to do it at least to reintroduce the display of
the help in gcompris, since it disapeared with the fullscreen :(
This way a teacher can create an html presentation with image and text
and include it as a board in gcompris. Beside that if there is some
other boards more 'playable' that complements it, you can create a
'thema' like history, train, plane, parachute, ...
For example, why not explain how a parachute works beside the
paratrooper board, or train history beside train memory.
Any comment on that ?

Bruno.