[gcompris-devel] Re: translation of xml files

pgeorges pascal.georges1 at free.fr
Mon Dec 10 11:57:02 UTC 2001

bruno a écrit :

> On dim, 2001-12-09 at 18:26, Martin Herweg wrote:
> >
> > Hi, it's me again ;-) !
> >
> > I translated
> >
> > boards/missing_letter/board1.xml
> >
> Oups, you should never translate .xml files.
> XML files that needs translation are moved to xml.in and with xmli18n
> are reintroduced in regular .po files.
> On this file, it seems that board1.xml.in is missing from the cvs.
> Pascal, can you confirm ?

No. It doesn't. You told me weeks ago to use xml:lang="fr" like the
following example.

  <Board>
  	<pixmapfile>cartable.png</pixmapfile>
	<data>satchel s_tchel a o i</data>
	<data xml:lang="fr">cartable cart_ble a o u</data>
  </Board>

But at the moment I don't remember why. Maybe it was related to the
accent problem which is now solved.
Given a .xml.in file, what is the process for translation ?
I made a basic english translation for missing_letter : can anybody
confirm that it works ?

> > 2 small bugs I found:
> >
> > in "Missing Letter" the game is asking for the last item 2 times

Corrected since a couple of days. Tell me if it's wrong.

> I think I already noticed the fist to Pascal. For the second, it maybe
> me when I moved to fullscreen with the new progress status.
> I check that one.

I confirm it had side effects, revealing my own bugs.

Pascal