[gcompris-devel] tuxplane.png

Emmanuel.Leguy Emmanuel.Leguy at lifl.fr
Mon Dec 3 00:32:03 UTC 2001

bruno wrote:
> > 2. I think every board should be limited, even if they are built
> > randomly (like click_on_letter), making it endless. Then the child is
> > satisfied because he has accomplished a stage. Maybe a good limit would
> > something like 10 times per board, or may depend of board's complexity
> > (another attribute in XML ?).
>
> Based on my experience, my child like to play endlessly to a board.
> They are free to leave at any moment anyway so I feel what you propose
> can be annoying to them.

I think boards might be endless. But there might be severals level the
child can choose. He should be able to begin with level 1 and if it's
too easy, he sould be able to go directly to the level 2...etc. My
daughter (3 years) likes very much the 'memory' board, but  4 cards is
too easy, 8 is good and she would like to stay at this level for a while
but the board goes to 16 cards. After each level an animation (or sound)
should run or a picture should display and go to a picture collection.

I can't imagine if it is easy to do but I think it should be more funny
and exciting (motivating) for children.

Bravo and thank you for your work,

Manu.