quiet progress to a new milestone

Aaron J. Seigo aseigo at kde.org
Wed Sep 3 17:57:24 UTC 2014

Hi ...

I've been quietly plonking away on the documentation/specification and it is
now at a rather exciting milestone. First.. what's new: Kevin contributed a
test framework concept based on discussions we had when he visited the other
month. I also sketched in documentation for pattern matching, comprehensions,
errors and fleshed out operators and types a bit (though both still have
holes). The description of the documentation system and orchestration
(something that will only come much later..) are still missing, but the broad
strokes are there.

Enough to give me a very good feel for the language already. Which means it is
time to start writing code and get that iterative process happening which will
give us code to kick around and either prove or show what needs changing in
the documentation.

I'll be tackling the generic module API for the funq command line tool first,
and producing the project management plugin in tandem so it has a 'user'. The
project management support (making a new project, packaging a build,
fulfilling dependencies, ...) is pretty straight forward code so makes a nice
and easy exercise for the funq tool.

Now is a great time for people to speak up about what doesn't make sense in
the docs and hopefully once I've laid down a few of the first bricks in funq
you can start playing with things as well ...

--
Aaron J. Seigo