[FreeNX-kNX] nx ubuntu

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Wed Jun 18 08:59:49 UTC 2014

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 12/06/2014 08:18:02:

> Hi
>
> I installed the nx server on my Ubuntu machine ,and installed the nx
> client in different operation systems (windows 7 ,window xp)
> Each time im trying to connect to the same machine it’s using
> different session(port 2000 ,2001)
> My question is how to connect to the same machine with the same port
> like (2000)

New sessions automatically use the lowest available number from the
display range configured in node.conf
so
the actual number is not configurable by the user at connect time.

This "availability" is controlled by lock files in /tmp
        e.g. /tmp/.nX2000-lock    etc

So the lowest number without a corresponding lock file is used.

These lock files should be removed by the session's "nxserver" when
the "nxagent" instance terminates.

Check if you still have these lock files left over from terminated
sessions
OR
if you have sessions (still) running
OR
another user now has a session with that number . . .