[FreeNX-kNX] Single application from freenx

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Wed Jun 18 08:43:59 UTC 2014

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 15/06/2014 21:00:23:

> Hi,

> I'm trying to run and display a single application from a remote
> freenx server installation. I'm not able to find enough
> documentation on the same. Can someone guide me on how to do this on
> a local windows and linux machines.

> Also, I prefer if this can be done with opennx client or other
> opensource clients rather than nomachine client.

If you are refering to a "rootless" window with just the
application window(s) and no accompanying desktop
then
you can configure Opennx as follows . .

<General>Tab
<Desktop> section, set

"Unix" in drop manu 1
"Custom" in menu 2
        Set the link speed with the slider
click the <Settings> button, and in the setting form

Section " Application"
        check "Run the following command" then add the path
        to the application executable

Section "Options"
        check "Floating window"