[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX is alternatives

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Tue Oct 15 18:49:48 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 15, 2013 at 1:10 PM, Akemi Yagi <amyagi at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 7:41 AM, Les Mikesell <lesmikesell at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> X2go: http://wiki.x2go.org/doku.php/start
>> is probably the closest alternative that is getting current
>> development.   I haven't tried it yet because my servers are Centos
>> where the EPEL-packaged freenx  still 'just works'.
>
> Err.. you probably meant freenx from the centos-extras repo.

Yes, sorry - and thanks for your work on it.  Most of my work would be
very painful without it.  I must have confused it with backuppc
(another favorite) as something that had moved to EPEL.

> x2go seems to work nicely on CentOS but may not coexist with freenx.
> So, switching would have to be done simultaneously for
> servers/clients.

I thought I saw something on the x2go list about current versions not
conflicting but they share some nx library or other.  I just haven't
had time to test it.   But I did have a bad experience with the new
mac NX client and need to either make their update work or find a
replacement.

--
   Les Mikesell
     lesmikesell at gmail.com