[FreeNX-kNX] More Trouble with NX 4 Client -> FreeNX

Chris chris at ccburton.com
Tue Oct 1 11:30:56 UTC 2013

On Tue, Oct 01, 2013 at 12:31 PM, chris b <chris at ccburton.com> wrote:

From: Nick Couchman <Nick.Couchman at seakr.com>
To: freenx-knx at kde.org
Sent: Monday, 30 September 2013, 22:56
Subject: [FreeNX-kNX] More Trouble with NX 4 Client -> FreeNX

[SNIP]

>The issue I'm having is that the connections from NX 4 clients to FreeNX
work about 1 out of every 10 tries.

[SNIP]

> perhaps someone can take a look at it and help me make sense of it,
especially to see where it's failing?

I'm not sure where you got all this "trace" from,

but

as a start

you really need to compare a failed session with a successful session to
see what is differing between the two
"error" files

line 376 looks like it might be "interesting" tho . . .

        Loop: WARNING! Executing the select with requested timeout of 0 S
and 0 Ms

Well, a 0 timeout mostly means

        "Do not time out, keep waiting"

but
this may mean

        "if the 'select' ( whatever that means here) doesn't work first
time, then give up without waiting for another attempt"

looking a bit further

followed by line 378

        Loop: Select result is [0] error is [0] at 19:27:08:773.178 after
30 Ms.

Hmmmm

and lines 380 and 381

        Loop: Out of select after 33 Ms at 19:27:08:776.057 with result 0.
        Loop: Closing multimedia listener in process with pid '2005'.

and maybe 386

        Loop: Closing agent FD in process with pid '2005'.

388

        Loop: Freeing up proxy in process with pid '2005'.

404  - 407

        Loop: Going to flush any data to the proxy.
        Loop: WARNING! Flushing the proxy link on behalf of the agent.
        Loop: Reporting a flush request at 19:27:08:791.442 with 0 bytes
written.
        Loop: Reporting a flush request at 19:27:08:791.659 with 62 bytes
written.

410

        Loop: Freeing up agent in process with pid '2005'

413

        NXTransClose: Closing down all the X connections.

415

        Loop: Closing any remaining X connections.

419

        Loop: Closing any remaining listener.

433  - 436

        NXTransDestroy: Closing down all the X connections.
        Loop: Closing any remaining X connections.
        Loop: Closing any remaining listener.
        NXTransDestroy: Waiting for the NX transport to terminate.

Do you see the same sort of things appearing for a successful connection
????

Good luck, let us know how you get on !!!