[FreeNX-kNX] Shadow Session fails to attach

Ling-Yan Lau ll220 at medschl.cam.ac.uk
Tue May 28 09:29:27 UTC 2013

Hi Chris,

Thanks for the info.

I’ve checked my configuration and I have the following options set in my node.conf file.

ENABLE_SESSION_SHADOWING_AUTHORIZATION=0
ENABLE_INTERACTIVE_SESSION_SHADOWING=1

Permissions on my nxshadowacl file are :  -rwxr-xr-x   1 root root   143 May 22 19:55 nxshadowacl

The contents of my nxshadowacl is :
#!/bin/sh
# Deny all sessions to be shadowed by anyone besides the same user.
# exit 1
# Allow all sessions to be shadowed by anyone.
exit 0

As I just have exit 0 in my nxshadowacl, shadowing should work between any two users.

When I shadow any session (same user as well other users) I get an error.  The error message is:
Error: Aborting session with 'Server is already active for display XXXX
        If this server is no longer running, remove /tmp/.XXXXX-lock
        and start again'.
Session: Aborting session at 'Tue May 28 10:15:57 2013'.
Session: Session aborted at 'Tue May 28 10:15:57 2013'.

I’m rather stumped as to what could be causing the problem.  Any other thoughts?

Any help much appreciated.

Len