[FreeNX-kNX] FreeNX - RDP connection fails

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Thu Jan 12 17:33:31 UTC 2012

On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 8:16 AM, Jimmy <g17jimmy at gmail.com> wrote:
> I just double checked and it is installed:
> rdesktop-1.6.0-3.el5_6.2
>
> also in /etc/ssh/sshd_config X forwarding is enabled:
> X11Forwarding yes

Are you issuing the command from an xterm (or equivalent) on your
local side?   What does 'echo $DISPLAY' show (that's the local display
number, probably 0 if you are at the console).    And is that
sshd_config on the remote host side?  If so,
ssh -X remote_host 'echo $DISPLAY'   (single quotes there)
should give you the ssh-redirected display number for the remote session.

> I agree, there has to be something basic I'm missing.

Yes, if that doesn't work, something odd is going on - and remote
execution of GUI programs won't work,  although I don't really know if
it has anything to do with nx/freenx.

--
    Les Mikesell
      lesmikesell at gmail.com