[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

Erk OwN-3m-All own3mall at gmail.com
Mon Feb 13 03:14:01 UTC 2012

Here's the exact error message I'm receiving:

Feb 12 20:18:11 eric-desktop kernel: [1229802.612997] sshd[5447]: segfault
at beda2280 ip 006abfea sp beda2270 error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so[606000+153000]

My backup server runs a cloned setup (created with clonezilla) from an
older image of my primary server (they are exactly the same hardware I
might add).  My backup server was out of date.  I downloaded all updates,
and I was still able to use freenx to get into my server.  It seems that
after downloading some additional recommended updates later, that's when
this error started, and I'm no longer able to login to my machine.  I just
get a message stating authentication has failed, and the above error is
logged in the system log.   However, I'm not sure if updates have caused
the issue.  I never end my freenx session, and this might be causing
problems?  Before, I was able to resume just fine.

I'll try running sshd in debug tomorrow.  Thanks so far for the help!