[FreeNX-kNX] Segfault Error 6 in libc-2.11.1.so When Attemtping to Login to My Server Remotely via NoMachine Client

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sat Feb 11 12:43:47 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 11/02/2012 05:58:29:
[SNIP]

> Well there's your problem right there. ewboontoo.
>
> And why are you running a GUI w/Firefox, etc, on servers?
> That's just ill advised.

Yup, even by Ubuntu
but
if this is an FreeNX terminal server
then
it's main job is to (be able) run user software, virtual
desktops etc
tho
I guess some people install FreeNX just for
remote support . . .

> Try another distro - a stable one.

10.04 LTS desktop is still within its 3 years
support (some would say just about safe to use)

I don't really like ubuntu either tho' but not for
that reason
[SNIP]