[FreeNX-kNX] When suspending a session, why are the /var/lib/nxserver/db/running/sessionId{} files sometimes not written properly (0 byted) ?

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Apr 5 11:14:58 UTC 2012

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 27/03/2012 16:53:04:

> > Sometimes ?? Is it just random, or times of high load etc.
>
> I have no idea when it happens. The users say they just suspend, try
> to come back to it but can't.
[SNIP]
> centos 5 :
>
> $ rpm -qa | grep nx
> nx-3.5.0-1.el5.centos.x86_64
> freenx-0.7.3-8.el5.centos.x86_64
> nxclient-3.5.0-7.x86_64

If you can't re-construct it on demand
and
describe the senario
it will be difficult to fix remotely.

No-one else has reported it AFAIK.

Maybe Akemi has seen something like this, tho ??

Q?
Do you get any empty session files when the
session is first set up or is it only when the
sesssion file is updated on disconnect(suspend)??

The relevent bash code in /usr/bin/nxsever is

session_change()
{
        [ -f $NX_SESS_DIR/running/sessionId'{'$1'}' ] && $COMMAND_PERL -pi
-e "s/$2=.*/$2=$3/" $NX_SESS_DIR/running/sessionId'{'$1'}'
}

called from

session_suspend()
{
        session_status $1 "Suspended"
        session_change $1 foreignAddress "-"
}

So you could try adding some "log 6 " lines to
see if it starts
if
you know what you're about . . .