[FreeNX-kNX] bad timestamp in _NET_WM_USER_TIME

Amir Vadai amirva at gmail.com
Wed Sep 14 07:39:51 UTC 2011

Hi,

I'm having a rootless session on a ubuntu with gnome shell (Mutter window
manager).

It seems that nx windows gives bad timestamp when having  _NET_WM_USER_TIME
changed.
For example, local windows having timestamp of 58806978, while nx windows
are having a timestamp of 1725594813.
Because of that, the window manager focus is not working well.

I'm not an X expert.

If I'm understanding right, there is a timer in the local X server, which
gives timestamps. But nx windows get their timestamp from their xserver
which is the nxagent. and this property is somehow forwarded to the local X.
Please fix me if I'm mistaken.

So if the timestamps of nx windows are origined from a differnet timer, how
could it be compared to local timestamps?

BTW, if I posted it in the wrong maling list, please let me know which
mailing list is the right one.

Thanks,
Amir