[FreeNX-kNX] windows client won't run rootless console session on Centos server

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Sat Oct 8 12:59:48 UTC 2011

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 06/10/2011 23:47:10:

> I'm to detail the problem:
>
> I've configured free-nx on CentOS5.5:
> nx-3.4.0-7.el5.centos
> freenx-0.7.3-7.el5.centos
>
> If I connect using nxclient (downlaoded from nomachine), I've no
> problem for creating a KDE session or Gnome session for Linux and
> Windows clients.
>
> If I create a desktop "unix-custom" and say to run a command or
> select "Run the console", it works on Linux but not on Windows
> clients. For working on windows clients I've to enable "New virtual
> desktop" instead of "Floating window" .

OK, so it's windows client only, i.e. its a bug somewhere . . .

> The problem is that I've to run programs in "Floating window"
> instead of "New virtual desktop" for windows clients.
>
> I suppose is a problem of configuration of node.conf, but don't know
> what I have to configure.

There is nothing in node.conf specific to windows clients.

> ¿Any help?
>
> Thanks
>
> 1- This is the message that is displayed in a nx window:
> Quote:
>
> The connection with the remote server was shut down.
> Please check the state of your network connection.

The client lost conmtact with the server . . .

> 2- This is what I see in session log:

[SNIP]

> Session: Session started at 'Wed Oct 5 14:58:30 2011'.
> Error: Connection with remote peer broken.

[SNIP]

Yup, the client lost contact with the server . . .

The session log from the server would be more use.

> 3- This is what I see in messages:

[SNIP]

> Info: Closing connection to slave with pid 14618.
> 1001 Bye.
> NX> 1004 Error: NX Agent exited with exit status 1.
> To troubleshoot set SESSION_LOG_CLEAN=0 in node.conf and

[SNIP]

nxagent fell over for some reason.

> Any help will be appreciated.
> Thanks

[SNIP]

So, are you running the latest windows nxclient ??