[FreeNX-kNX] Where will freenx be moving to?

Terje Andersen teranders at gmail.com
Fri Oct 7 16:46:37 UTC 2011

My first answer to that would sadly be nowhere...

The reason for this is that, even though a lot of people has helped and
contributed, this project was a one man show of Fabian. As he moved on,
there have been some sporadic development, scattered around on different
places, but no one took over here after Fabian left.

If you look at the statistics of this list at places like
http://markmail.org, you can see the results.

The sad truth is that there hasn't been development pushing freenx further
for a long time now.

I say this with melancholy and sadness, because I've invested allot of time
and passion into this project (in the past). I would nothing more than that
someone, preferably more than one, took up where Fabian left, and pushed
Freenx to be the de facto standard within free remote computing it can be.

If someone find a place to migrate the code/repositories, web and wiki to, I
for one would appreciate it. Maybe some time in the future someone actually
picks it up again...

Best regards,
Terje

http://tech.slashdot.org/story/11/10/02/2345208/berlios-software-repository-will-close-at-years-end