[FreeNX-kNX] shadowing fails, Error: Authorization refused by user: sameuser.

chris at ccburton.com chris at ccburton.com
Thu Oct 6 18:03:34 UTC 2011

freenx-knx-bounces at kde.org wrote on 06/10/2011 17:09:41:

[SNIP]

> > I looked over it again and I don't see anything under the "Set up the
> > server" section that says that the server needs to have nomachine's
> > nxclient installed.

Various distros now have slightly different nxserver and nxnode "versions"
so
you can't easily make a general rule without checking them all . . . .

> On the CentOS wiki page:
>
> http://wiki.centos.org/HowTos/FreeNX
>
> There is a note (in section 1) that starts with, "Sometimes, there are
> issues that require the No Machine Client to also be installed on your
> NX server..."

One of the main advantages of having nxclient installed on the
FreeNX server is that it will build a list of cups .ppd postcript
printer files about 50 times quicker than FreeNX without it.

That's if you spool (raster) to a windows printer of course.

Generally it's quicker to spool postcript as far as you can,
eg when you are on a *NIX workstation (convert to raster on the
workstation) or have a postscript printer on windows etc.

Another advantage is that the pop up dialogs boxes look nicer.

> Do you think your issue with shadowning should be added to that note?

Well, I do anyway . . .